Audio Visual Job Posting
Interested candidates can apply for the position posted on Indeed.
To assure high-quality sound and visual needs for in-person and online worship services and
The spirit of the position
Worship at Westminster Presbyterian Church is intended to lift our hearts toward God and inspire us in our efforts to serve God through music, prayer, and word.
• Assist in the assessment of current AV equipment and practices by working with the AV team as well as AV consultants to determine the suitability of current equipment.
· Create educational materials and train volunteers in operating sound equipment and
• Serve as a resource for the audiovisual team during worship services.
• Mix sound during Sunday worship services and rehearsals as well as special services and events as needed.
• Perform sound checks to troubleshoot any equipment or audio issues prior to services or ministry events.
• Perform post-production sound edits for recordings (video and audio).
• Ensure optimal sound on recorded footage and online platforms.
• Attend monthly worship ministry meetings.
This is a temporary part-time position
Time commitment: 6-10 hours per week
· Formal live sound training and a minimum of 3 years of continuous professional Sound
Engineering experience. Applicants that demonstrate necessary gifting will also be considered.
• Knowledge and ability to operate WPC’s current soundboard.
• Experience mixing different genres of music, such as band, choral, electronic, and acoustic.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong attentiveness and detail-oriented.
• Leadership skills for directing a team of volunteers.
· Commitment and ability to work in and contribute to overall staff in team-based
• Experience serving in a church or worship setting is preferred.
Accountability and relationships
• Accountable to the pastor as head of staff
• Works with the pastor, music ministry, appropriate session ministries, and the congregation in the performance of responsibilities
· Works with the personnel ministry in accordance with policies and procedures as identified in “Westminster’s Personnel Manual”